Technical Project Manager
Cougaar Software, Inc. (CSI) is a recognized leader in intelligent agent technology. We are excited about the world changing potential of cognitive computing and our mission is to enable our customers to solve complex problems by providing them visionary leadership, high quality design and engineering services, and distributed intelligent agent technology-based solutions. Our employees collaborate in a self-directed environment where strong teamwork, individual initiative and accountability are highly valued and innovative thinking is encouraged. We are looking for likeminded, dynamic and enthusiastic individuals with exceptional skills who want to develop, create, and modify exciting next-generation software solutions utilizing agent-oriented design under an agile development approach.
Position: Technical Project Manager
Work Authorization: United States Citizen
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field of study. A combination of education and work experience may substitute for the degree. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
Qualifications: 5+ years of proven experience managing and overseeing personnel and resources required to complete software development projects on time and on budget. Experience across all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using agile software development best practices. Responsibilities will include translation of requirements and design into detailed project schedules and tasks with assignments for each member of the software development team. This will include builds and sprints adhering to established milestones based on project timelines and requirements. Other responsibilities include:
- Monitoring adherence to project scope, requirements, design documents, schedules and the software development process
- Facilitating meetings to include design reviews, Builds, Sprints, SCRUM with team members as well as peer code review and regular project reviews with executive staff and clients
- Working closely with management and technical team to ensure best practices, resolve issues that arise and proper allocation of staff resources based on project needs.
- Exemplary time management, organizational skills, attention to detail, and accuracy.
- Demonstrated project management experience in planning, estimation, execution, resource management and allocation.
- Experience with agile software development and tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Reasonable proficiency an any of the object oriented programming languages such as Java, familiarity databases such as Oracle and front end technologies such as Angular and CI/CD tools,
- Experience in managing, mentoring and coaching team members in the development of their careers.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication and teamwork skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, 401K, Holiday, Vacation, Sick leave
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please click Apply below.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cougaar Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We maintain policies and practices designed to prevent discrimination against qualified candidates on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, veteran status, disability and medical condition, to the extent protected by law.