Software Engineer (Java)
Cougaar Software, Inc. is a recognized leader in intelligent agent technology. We are excited about the world changing potential of cognitive computing and our mission is to enable our customers to solve complex problems by providing them visionary leadership, high quality design and engineering services and distributed intelligent agent technology based solutions. Our employees collaborate in a self-directed environment where strong team work, individual initiatives and accountability are highly valued and innovative thinking is encouraged. We are looking for likeminded, dynamic and enthusiastic individuals with exceptional skills who want to develop, create, and modify exciting next-generation software solutions utilizing agent-oriented design under an agile development approach.
Position: Software Engineer (Java)
Work Authorization: U.S. Citizen
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related academic field. Work experience may substitute for degree.
Qualifications: 3+ years of professional software development experience which includes developing Java-based solutions and experience applying distributed computing solutions in a UNIX/Linux or Windows environment. Must know Java 8 or higher and have experience developing software in a structured engineering environment using agile approaches.
Successful candidates will work independently and as a member of a team involved in the research, design, development, and implementation of agent-based and other software solutions. Must be competent to work with minimal supervision supporting activities associated with developing complex business solutions using advanced technologies.
- Proficiency in Java 8 or higher, Angular 2+, and UI Frameworks (e.g. Angular Material, Semantic UI, or JavaFX)
- Experience with RESTful architecture and databases such as SQL and Postgres
- Experience with distributed computing
- General understanding of the software engineering life cycle
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in a small team environment
Additional Desired Experience:
- Familiarity with key artificial intelligence and machine learning concepts, models, and evaluation methodologies
- Experience implementing Java concurrency and/or data serialization (XML and/or JSON) solutions
- Experience with agile project management software such as JIRA
- Ability to effectively multitask and contribute to multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with one or more modern development IDEs such as Eclipse or IntelliJ
- Experience with one or more build tools such as Jenkins and Gradle
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, 401K, Holiday, Vacation, Sick leave
Location: Picatinny Arsenal – Wharton, NJ (Hybrid Work Schedule)
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please click Apply below.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cougaar Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We maintain policies and practices designed to prevent discrimination against qualified candidates on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, veteran status, disability and medical condition, to the extent protected by law.