Cougaar Software, Inc. is a recognized leader in intelligent agent technology. The solutions we provide our customers represent some of the most advanced cognitive agent capabilities and have been proven in several domains. We are excited about the world-changing potential of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and our mission is to enable our customers to solve complex, dynamic problems by providing them intelligent decision support systems. We provide our customers visionary leadership, distributed intelligent agent platform technologies and high-quality design and engineering solutions. We continue to push the boundaries of technology using a foundation of intelligent cognitive agents and invoking a variety of artificial intelligence and operations research techniques to produce highly automated, tailored, secure and scalable solutions. Our employees work in a self-directed environment where strong teamwork, individual initiatives, and accountability are highly valued and innovative thinking is encouraged. We are looking for intelligent, likeminded, dynamic and enthusiastic individuals with exceptional skills who want to develop, create, and modify exciting next-generation software solutions utilizing agent-oriented design under an agile development approach.
Position: Front-End Developer
Work Authorization: U.S. Citizen
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Visual Communication Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related academic field.
- Proficiency in front-end technologies (e.g. Angular 2+ or React)
- Proficiency in UI Frameworks (e.g. Angular Material or Semantic UI)
- Experience developing reusable UI components in Angular and/or jQuery
- Experience with agile software development and tools such as JIRA
- Exemplary time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Additional Desired Experience:
- Basic Java and J2EE programming skills would be a plus
- Demonstrable project experience with Angular 2+ (or higher)
- Familiarity with UI design
- Experience developing accessible UI that are Section 508 compatible
- Experience mentoring other developers on UI technologies
- Usability testing and user research experience would be a plus
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Travel: Some occasional travel may be required.
Work Site: Cougaar Software, Inc., 1945 Old Gallows Road, Suite 100, Vienna, VA 22182
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, 401K, Holiday, Vacation, Sick leave
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please click Apply below.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cougaar Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We maintain policies and practices designed to prevent discrimination against qualified candidates on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, veteran status, disability and medical condition, to the extent protected by law.