Billing Specialist – Administrative Assistant
Cougaar Software, Inc. is a recognized leader in intelligent agent technology. The solutions we provide our customers represent some of the most advanced cognitive agent capabilities in existence and have been proven in several domains. We are excited about the world-changing potential of cognitive computing and our mission is to enable our customers to solve complex, dynamic problems by providing them intelligent decision support systems. We provide our customers visionary leadership, distributed intelligent agent platform technologies and high-quality design and engineering services. We continue to push the boundaries of technology using a foundation of intelligent cognitive agents and invoking a variety of artificial intelligence and operations research techniques to produce highly automated, tailored, secure and scalable solutions. Our employees work in a self-directed environment where strong teamwork, individual initiatives, and accountability are highly valued and innovative thinking is encouraged. We are looking for an intelligent, dynamic and enthusiastic individual with exceptional skills who wants to work for an exciting next-generation software solutions company.
Position: Billing Specialist – Administrative Assistant
Work Authorization: U.S. Citizen
Qualifications: 3+ years of experience in government contract billing using the Procurement Integrated Enterprise Environment (PIEE) systems Wide Area Work Flow (WAWF) for the submission of invoices for payment and MyInvoice to track the status of payments; knowledge of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets/workbooks.
Successful candidates will be capable of working independently and as a member of a team in support of financial, clerical and administrative functions such as organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, support of management and executive staff, maintaining the company level calendar, drafting correspondence, providing information to callers and greeting visitors.
- Knowledge of government contract billing for all contract types (CPFF, FFP & T&M).
- Understanding of government contracts in preparation of contract briefs to track modifications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel & Outlook
- Organizational skills to prepare & maintain documentation for contracts, contract records, transactions, or regulatory compliance.
- Familiarity with reconciliation of unbilled on a monthly basis.
- Tracking & communicating with customers regarding outstanding AR.
- Preparation of final vouchers/closeouts for all contract types (CPFF, FFP & T&M).
- Ability to effectively interact with external auditors for end of year or DCAA required audits.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Travel: Some occasional travel may be required.
Work Site: Cougaar Software, Inc., 8260 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, 401K, Holiday, Vacation, Sick leave
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please click Apply below.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cougaar Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We maintain policies and practices designed to prevent discrimination against qualified candidates on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, veteran status, disability and medical condition, to the extent protected by law.