Software Engineer (Java)
Cougaar Software, Inc. is a recognized leader in intelligent agent technology. The solutions we provide our customers represent some of the most advanced cognitive agent capabilities and have been proven in several domains. We are excited about the world-changing potential of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and our mission is to enable our customers to solve complex, dynamic problems by providing them intelligent decision support systems. We provide our customers visionary leadership, distributed intelligent agent platform technologies and high-quality design and engineering solutions. We continue to push the boundaries of technology using a foundation of intelligent cognitive agents and invoking a variety of artificial intelligence and operations research techniques to produce highly automated, tailored, secure and scalable solutions. Our employees work in a self-directed environment where strong teamwork, individual initiatives, and accountability are highly valued and innovative thinking is encouraged. We are looking for intelligent, likeminded, dynamic and enthusiastic individuals with exceptional skills who want to develop, create, and modify exciting next-generation software solutions utilizing agent-oriented design under an agile development approach.
Position: Software Engineer (Java)
Work Authorization: U.S. Citizen
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related academic field
Qualifications: 3+ years of professional software development experience which includes developing Java-based solutions and experience applying distributed computer solutions in a UNIX/Linux or Windows environment. Must know Java 7 or higher and have experience developing software in a structured engineering environment using agile approaches.
Successful candidates will work independently and as a member of a team involved in the research, design, development, and implementation of agent-based and other software solutions. Must be competent to work with minimal supervision supporting activities associated with developing complex business solutions using advanced technologies.
- Proficiency in Java 8 or higher, Angular 2+, and UI Frameworks (e.g. Angular Material, Semantic UI, or JavaFX)
- Experience with RESTful architecture and databases such as SQL and Postgres
- Experience with distributed computing
- General understanding of the software engineering life cycle
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in a small team environment
Additional Desired Experience:
- Familiarity with key artificial intelligence and machine learning concepts, models, and evaluation methodologies
- Experience implementing Java concurrency and/or data serialization (XML and/or JSON) solutions
- Experience with agile software development and tools such as JIRA
- Ability to effectively multitask and contribute to multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with one or more modern development IDEs such as Eclipse or IntelliJ
- Experience with one or more build tools such as Jenkins and Gradle
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Travel: Some occasional travel may be required.
Work Site: Cougaar Software, Inc., 1945 Old Gallows Road, Suite 100, Vienna, VA 22182
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, 401K, Holiday, Vacation, Sick leave
Submit Resumes to:
If you are interested in applying for any of these opportunities, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Donna F. Zuniga, HR/Contracts Administrator.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cougaar Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We maintain policies and practices designed to prevent discrimination against qualified candidates on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, veteran status, disability and medical condition, to the extent protected by law.