Software Engineer Sr. (Java)
Cougaar Software, Inc. is a recognized leader in intelligent agent technology. The solutions we provide our customers represent some of the most advanced cognitive agent capabilities and have been proven in several domains. We are excited about the world-changing potential of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and our mission is to enable our customers to solve complex, dynamic problems by providing them intelligent decision support systems. We provide our customers visionary leadership, distributed intelligent agent platform technologies and high-quality design and engineering solutions. We continue to push the boundaries of technology using a foundation of intelligent cognitive agents and invoking a variety of artificial intelligence and operations research techniques to produce highly automated, tailored, secure and scalable solutions. Our employees work in a self-directed environment where strong teamwork, individual initiatives, and accountability are highly valued and innovative thinking is encouraged. We are looking for intelligent, likeminded, dynamic and enthusiastic individuals with exceptional skills who want to develop, create, and modify exciting next-generation software solutions utilizing agent-oriented design under an agile development approach.
Position: Software Engineer Sr. (Java)
Work Authorization: U.S. Citizen
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related academic field
Qualifications: At least 8 or more years of professional software development experience, which includes 4 years designing and developing complex business solutions and 2 years designing and developing agent or distributed computer solutions. Must know Java 8 or higher and have experience working on software R&D projects with technical program management experience.
- Proficiency in Java 8 or higher, Angular 2+, RESTful architecture, and UI Frameworks (e.g. Angular Material, Semantic UI, or JavaFX)
- Demonstrable experience in Java with data serialization (XML and/or JSON), data-modeling, and concurrency
- Proven experience designing and implementing object-oriented and distributed service solutions
- Familiarity with key artificial intelligence and machine learning concepts, models, and evaluation methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams through all levels of software development life cycle
- Experience in designing and developing large-scale systems built around machine learned models and big data
- Familiarity with data structures, database fundamentals, and relational databases, such as SQL and Postgres and NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB and Neo4j
- Experience managing tasks and project teams
- Strong supervisory and mentoring skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Additional Desired Experience:
- Experience with agile software development and tools such as JIRA
- Ability to effectively mentor, supervise, and lead teams in the design and review of system components
- Ability to multitask and contribute to multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to effectively work directly with customer representatives
- Ability to actively participate in the planning, management and development of technology solutions using Java, J2EE, Cougaar and similar technologies in a UNIX/Linux or Windows environment.
- Experience with one or more build tools such as Jenkins and Gradle
- Ability to apply structured methodologies and standards for engineering activities to include:
- Distributed computing
- Component object-oriented design
- Rapid development tools
- Semantic Web
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Travel: Some occasional travel may be required.
Work Site: Cougaar Software, Inc., 1945 Old Gallows Road, Suite 100, Vienna, VA 22182
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, 401K, Holiday, Vacation, Sick leave
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please click Apply below.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cougaar Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We maintain policies and practices designed to prevent discrimination against qualified candidates on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, veteran status, disability and medical condition, to the extent protected by law.